Report Abuse

If a minor is in imminent danger, call your local law enforcement or 911.

If you suspect abuse of a minor, your first call should be to law enforcement.

To view current contact information for all sheriff’s offices in the state of Minnesota, please click here.

If you suspect child abuse within a family, you should call your local child protection agency. To view current contact information for all child protection agencies in the state of Minnesota, please click here.

Sexual abuse by a priest, deacon or a staff member or volunteer of the Church within the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis should be reported first to law enforcement, then to the Archdiocese’s Victim Assistance Program at 651-291-4475.

To report sexual abuse or related misconduct by a Catholic bishop, we encourage you to first contact law enforcement.  To report such abuse or misconduct to the Church, you should contact the Catholic Bishop Abuse Reporting (CBAR) service. Individuals may go to in order to make a report in English or Spanish. Reports are also accepted via 800-276-1562 in both languages. Find out more about CBAR, as well as other ways to report abuse or misconduct by a bishop, here.

Attorney Victoria Newcome Johnson serves as the ombudsperson for anyone who has questions or concerns in regards to a sexual abuse case involving the Archdiocese. She can also offer assistance in determining where to make a report for a bishop or a deceased bishop of another jurisdiction. Johnson can be contacted directly at 612-990-0022 or

Additionally, the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis partners with Canvas Health, an independent and professional local care provider, to offer confidential, compassionate assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 651-291-4497. Referrals and financial support for counseling, individual or group therapy, and spiritual advising or direction are offered to help you in healing. Learn more about our Pledge to Heal.


Learn more about how to report abuse by reviewing the documents listed below.

Brochures in French, Hmong, Korean, Polish and Vietnamese are available under Resources.